To work under the direction of the Subcamp Leader to help deliver a dynamic, collaborative and inspiring Subcamp. The Subcamp is responsible for creating a welcoming ‘EIJ Home’ for the participants and leaders allocated to the Subcamp whilst always striving to ensure that everyone has the best possible experience.
This is a pre-event role.
Are you an expert in fundraising? Would you be able to share your tips and ideas with others?
As you'll be aware, we are encouraging groups and staff to fundraise to support them in attending the Essex International Jamboree. Although this is quite common for international (overseas) events, it's less common in the UK, and we want to alter this as a Jamboree here has such a positive impact. So we're looking for someone who is happy to share their ideas and show other people the 'fundraising' ways!
Please note, this is an advisor/mentor role, you're not expected to partake in the fundraising.
1. Share fundraising ideas and tips online, on social, in person and in the newsletter
2. Offer support and feedback to leaders and staff who are looking to fundraise
3. Be the EIJ fundraising guru
To create, edit and send our monthly newsletter using Mailchimp. This is an important role in ensuring that all those who are interested in our Jamboree are kept up to date, as well as enthused about the event. It's also critical in maintaining and enhancing our brand reputation as one of the best UK Jamborees. This role will work closely with the Director of Event Services and the Director of Marketing and Media.
1. Manage the content schedule for both newsletters
2. Gather in the content
3. Write the copy for both newsletters
4. Gather feedback and comments (via Mailchimp)
5. Publish and ensure everyone knows about the most recent newsletters
To lead a dynamic, collaborative and inspiring Subcamp Team who are all responsible for creating a welcoming ‘EIJ Home’ for the participants and leaders allocated to the Subcamp whilst always striving to ensure that everyone has the best possible experience.
1. Ensure that there is effective liaison with other subcamp leaders and their teams to ensure sharing of best practice and ideas
2. Work closely with your ‘partner subcamp leader’ to offer each other added support and advice
3. Recruit your subcamp team (15 members plus a deputy), arrange meetings
4. Maintain close contact with your subcamp team to build a strong team ethos
5. Work within the requirements of the Jamboree Finance and Health & Safety Regulation
For this role, there is a two stage process: