Your Guide To Programme
We have got a fantastic week lined up for you at EIJ 2016, we are striving to make the event one of the most memorable experiences of your life. We have been listening to all the great feedback from EIJ 2012 and working with Guides and Scouts across Essex to provide a really exciting programme with a mix of old favourites and entirely new concepts that are designed to excite, thrill, challenge, teach and entertain you during our jam-packed week.
You are free to get involved from the moment you finish setting up camp to the final farewell at the closing ceremony. That gives you 6 full days of full-on fun and excitement.
Your day will be split into 4 sessions; 2 Daytime, 1 Early Evening and 1 Evening session. In addition, our Anytime zones are open throughout the day.
Each day you will have 9.5 hours of programme time, we wanted to offer more but apparently you also need to eat and sleep! The first 5 days will be planned and scheduled and the final day will be our grand finale but we are keeping that under wraps for now as we don’t want to give it all away.
EIJ Programme Aims
You are at the heart of every decision we make at EIJ 2016 and we want you to have a fantastic week with us that you will remember for a lifetime. We have looked at the various ways to run a jamboree programme and have decided that the following aims help us to achieve that goal.
- We want you to have the freedom to do as much or as little as you want to do.
- Our aim is to keep you occupied for as much of a session as we can, even if you are queuing there will be other activities to do while in the queue.
- There will be no travelling offsite, and no time wasted in stuffy coaches, every activity is taking place within a 10 min walk of your subcamp.
- We want you to be able to have the choice over what you take part in so:
- We don’t have headline activities that only a small percentage get to try.
- Our headline activities are open to all.
- Our programme is suitable for the full range of ages, abilities and cultures attending EIJ 2016.
- Early Evening
- Event Days
- Theme Nights
Click each zone to find out more!
The pictures used on this website are from previous events and other scouting & guiding activities and as such are for illustrative purposes only.
All zones and activities at the Jamboree are subject to change* under the descression of the EIJ directors.