The Essex Jamboree is an international week long camp which brings together Scouts & Guides from around the world every four years.
Its run as a joint event between Essex Scouts and the three Guide Counties of Essex West, Essex North East and Essex South East.
Essex International Jamboree 2016 will be returning to Boyton Cross near Chelmsford. The 120 acre site at Boyton Cross is only 40 miles from London. The site includes a 8 acre lake and the remainder is planted grasslands. With access to London and all major aiports via the A12 and M25, it’s easily accessible to Jamboree visitors from near and far.
Our Jamboree chiefs Paul & Karen have been working on the Jamboree since 2012! Our management team have all been in place and beavering away since 2013. We are looking forward to growing the staff team over the coming months.
EIJ2016 has set Aims and Objectives that we are working with to really make EIJ2016 a fantastic event!
EIJ 2016 Aims and Objectives
- Empart the spirit of Guiding and Scouting
- Be an event for and aimed at Scouts and Guides aged 10+
- Strive to maximise the participation of international units
- Provide a programme for all those taking part that recognises the awards within the Guide and Scout movements
- Balance fun, adventure, responsibility, challenges and achievements for all the people taking part
- Provide activities, training opportunities and a skill building programme for adult leaders
- Be a showcase and promote Scouting and Guiding before and during the camp
- Cost a realistic price for participants, leaders and staff
- Be financially self-sufficient, with any proposed surpluses used to supplement the event
- Run between 30th July and 6th August 2016
Find out about how the jamboree works to minimise the impact of the event on the environment, and add your own suggestions on our interactive Ethical Policy