Noa’s Club Manager
What is Noa’s Kids Club?
Essex International Jamboree provides Noa’s Kids Club for the children of staff as it is an expectation of the Jamboree that children will not be with their parents whilst they are working. Noa’s Kids Club is for children aged 0 – 10.5 (although we recommend that 10 year olds attend as participants as they are old enough to do so).
In 2016 the club was broken into 4 age groups, which are: 0 – 2 years, 3 – 4 years, 5 – 7 years and 8 – 10.5 years. For those aged 5-7 and 8-10.5 the programme was planned to support the completion of Beaver/Rainbow and Cub/Brownie badges over the course of the week. It operated from Friday to Saturday August 8.30 to 5.30pm each day.
We are looking for a manager with experience and qualifications in early years to lead a team of volunteers. It would beneficial if you had experience in nursery management either as a manger or deputy and at least an NVQ Level 3 qualification.
You will be responsible for:
- Appointing your team and ensuring you have a good mix of qualified and experienced staff
- Ensuring the programme for children in the club meets their needs and keeps them happy and engaged.
- Liaising with catering staff to ensure children are provided with appropriate snacks and lunch.
- Supporting and providing staff with training as needed
- Ensuring information gathered from parents is kept securely while still being available to those who need it
- Working within a budget to provide activities and source equipment needed
- Planning and attending team meetings
- Ensuring that either you or your deputy/depuities are on duty and present in the club at all times
- Completion of OFSTED Exception form
- Ensuring child care ratios are always met while ensuring staff get breaks
You will report to the Head of Staff Support and will be expected to keep them updated on your planning and preparations.
Apply using the main application form.