Up and Under Zone Leader (Climbing, Caving etc)
Reports to: Head of Daytime Programme B
Responsible for: Delivering the Up and Under Daytime programme zone.
Job Summary: Developing, organising and delivering the zone. The zone will consist of a selection of climbing and caving, and include other activities at height eg zip lines and bouldering. You will be responsible for the planning, booking and management of the Zone, contractors and team members, delivering a exciting and safe experience for up to 1400 young people a day!
- Help develop the content of the zone, by ensuring that we deliver a balanced Scouting and Guiding programme across all of the daytime zones
- Liaise with other programme zone leaders as infrastructure may be shared between zones
- Ensure the zone meets all of the Health & Safety requirements
- Manage the budget for the zone, ensuring tight controls and maximising the benefits of all expenditure
- Manage the team and sub teams within the zone, responsible for managing staff at the event
- Provide timely and accurate reporting up to the Programme Board and EIJ Exec as required
- Develop and deliver the zone in line with the overall Programme Strategy for EIJ 2020
- Have experience of planning and organising similar events
- Be creative and ‘out of the box’ in your thinking
- Have a sense of humour and appetite for fun
- Have the ability to attend evening and weekend meetings and activities
- Have the ability to use electronic communication and standard IT applications such as Excel and Word or equivalents
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate well with young people
Please let us know:
- Previous experience you have had at Essex or other Jamborees.
- Other relevant experience at organising and delivering similar events and activities in Scouting or externally.